Sustainability is a vital part of natural gas and oil development at ConocoPhillips. Our 2017 Sustainability Report details our efforts to responsibly deliver affordable and reliable energy across our worldwide operations. We are proud of our achievements.
Highlights of the 2017 Sustainability Report:
- Operating Responsibly. We have a strategic approach to assessing and managing environmental and social business-related risks that enables us to be a responsible community member, environmental steward, and employer.
- Managing Climate-Related Risks. In 2017, we introduced a target to reduce the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions intensity of our operations between 5 and 15 percent by 2030. The report shows how this target will foster increased efficiency and innovation as we aspire to be a leader in climate-related risk management.
- Managing Local Environmental Risk. At every stage of natural gas and oil development, we identify and mitigate water and biodiversity-related risks. The report details how our management practices and technology selection are designed to minimize and mitigate potential impacts on biodiversity and water resources.
- Focusing on Safe Operations. With a goal of preventing all injuries, occupational illnesses, and incidents, we are working to increase our operational reliability, resiliency, and learning. Understanding how people work enables us to identify potential risks and verify safeguards to mitigate them.
- Creating Shared Value. By listening to understand local concerns, mitigating those concerns with our actions and finding mutually agreeable solutions, we build long-term benefits for both the company and local stakeholders.
Learn more about our commitment to demonstrating sustainable development leadership. Click here to read the ConocoPhillips 2017 Sustainability Report.
Share your thoughts with us.